Submit yourself for as many Auditions as you want for FREE
Open Audition Details:
Epiphany Theatre Company is proud to announce…
Open Auditions for Spider Baby The Musical
A horror comedy by Jack Hill, adapted by Enrique Acosta
Directed by Lee Potter
Saturday, January 28 or Sunday, January 29, 1pm-3pm
TaborSpace, Dining Room, 5441 SE Belmont St., Portland
Please call Lee at 971-238-4335 to make an appointment and ensure your audition slot on either date. Actors will have 15 minutes with the director. Please prepare 16-32 bars of a Broadway or rock song to sing. An accompanist will be provided. Auditioners may also be asked to participate in cold readings from the script or improvisational exercises.
Please bring your calendar and a resume. All roles are on a volunteer basis. All ages and ethnicities are encouraged to audition. For more information contact Epiphany Theatre Company at 971-238-4335 or check out our website at http://epiphanytheatre.webs.com/.
Jack Hill’s 1968 cult film of the same name gets the rock show treatment by visionary Enrique Acosta. Spider Baby is about the Merrye family – Ralph, Elizabeth, and Virginia – the last surviving descendents with a degenerative brain disorder, and the family chauffeur, who is also their doting caretaker. Distant relatives appear with their lawyer in tow, looking to take over the family home and send the children away. The presence of these unfamiliar people excite and agitate the Merrye children; uh, oh – trouble brewing! Virginia’s particular interest in playing her favorite game of “spider” does not help…
* Voice, Can be triple cast with Messenger and Titus.
* Virginia Merrye, Beautiful wild young lady in her late teens to early 20′s.
* Elizabeth Merrye, Youngest of the Merrye’s. Mid to late teens.
* Ann Morse, Schlocker’s secretary. Early to mid 20′s.
* Emily Howe, Stern but with a wild side. Mid to late 20′s.
* Peter Howe, Genial and a bit naive. Emily’s younger brother. Early to mid 20′s.
* Messenger, Dies early. Could be triple cast with voice and Titus.
* Bruno, The caretaker. Worn down by a life of service. A father figure. Mid 40′s to older.
* Ralph Merrye, Eldest of the Merrye children. Little more than a slobbering beast. A creature made almost entirely of ID. Early 20′s.
* Schlocker, A smarmy ambulance chasing lawyer with delusions of grandeur. Any age or race.
* Titus W. Merrye, A rotting corpse. Can be a mannequin or triple cast with Voice and Messenger.
* Rehearsals begin February 2, 2012 and will run Mon-Fri 6pm-9pm. Not all actors will be called for all rehearsals.
* Tech rehearsals will be March 5-9, 2012 and will run Mon-Fri 6pm-9pm. All actors will be called.
* Dress rehearsals will be the evenings of March 12-14, 2012. All actors will be called.
* Performances will be March 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 & 24 at 8 PM.
Casting Calls Categories: Musical Casting Calls / Theater Casting Calls / Singer Auditions
Audition Date: January 28 & 29, 2012
Project: Auditions for Spider Baby The Musical
Location: Portland, Oregon