Submit yourself for as many Auditions as you want for FREE
Dynah Zale, author extraordinaire, is bringing to the stage her very first Stage Production Down but not Out. Her company C’eva Productions is in need of talented individuals who can sing, act and dance. We will audition hopefuls in the Philadelphia and Harrisburg areas only.
Philadelphia Audition Dates: 14th, 22nd, 28th & 29th
Time: 11:30 â€“ 4pm
Location: Walnut S. Theater, 825 Walnut St, Philadelphia,
Harrisburg Audition Dates: June 3rd & 4th, Time: 1- 4pm & 6 – 8
*** Production Dates start Sept. 26 â€“ Nov. 16,2008
“Down but not Out” is a gospel musical that follows the career of two very different boxers. Legion Adams is a married Christian man , who has just stepped out of the amateur ring and is looking forward to his first professional fight against the current reigning champion Porter Powell. Porter is a rich playboy who loves the limelight, the ladies and lest of all his fiancÃ©e Tess. This is a jazz musical that will leave you snapping your fingers and tapping your feet. We are in need of individuals who specialize in all areas of the theater. We are currently casting for the following roles:
Legion Adams â€“ The actor must be athletic because there will be lots of intense training for this part. SKILLS: Dance (jazz, tap & praise) Jazz singing. His uniqueness is that he smiles all the time.
Ross â€“ Legion Adam’s trainer. The actor must portray wisdom. SKILLS: Dance (jazz, tap & praise) Jazz & Scat singing. He has the same persona as Floyd Mayweather, Sr. He spits a lot of rhyming wors.
Porter Powell â€“ He is the current reigning Negro boxing champion. Playboy. Rich. Arrogant. Over confident. He has a short temper and doesn’t handle pressure well. The actor must be athletic because there will be lots of intense training for this part. SKILLS: Dance (jazz, tap & praise). Jazz singing.
Emerson — He is a shady character and just so happens to be Porter’s trainer. SKILLS: Dance (jazz, tap & praise). Jazz singing.
Tucker â€“ He is a boxer who hangs around the gym. He is a comedian and the clown of the play. SKILLS: Dance (jazz, tap & praise). Jazz singing.
CaraLee â€“ Sassy, confident Christian who loves her husband. She preaches the word of God and always put the Lord first even before her husband, but she understands that a man has to be a man and looks at him as head of her household. Vibrant, Friendly, Lovable, but doesn’t take no nonsense from any man. SKILLS: Dance (jazz, tap & praise). Jazz singing.
Tess â€“ Timid. Always ready and willing to please everyone; especially her fiancÃ© Porter Powell. She will temporarily play the part of a blind woman. SKILLS: Dance (jazz, tap & praise). Jazz singing.
(All Supporting Roles must know how to dance (jazz, tap & praise) & sing.)
Boxer1, Reporter1 â€“ supporting character; back up dancer.
Boxer2, Reporter2 â€“ supporting character; back up dancer.
Boxer3, Lincoln â€“ supporting character; back up dancer.
Floozie Boxer 4 â€“ Porter’s girl on the side.
Boxer 5, Representative from the Boxing Federation — supporting character; back up dancer.
(All Understudy Roles must know how to dance (jazz, tap & praise) dancing. Jazz singing.)
To audition please complete the following directions:
1. Send a resume to CevaProductions@comcast.net
2. Include Headshot that will not be returned
3. In the subject line please indicate what part in the play you desire. (If you are open to accept any part please write ‘Open’.
4. Please indicate what day you would prefer to audition on. (We will make every effort to accommodate you but it’s not guaranteed.)
5. A reply e-mail will be sent to you indicating the date and time of your audition.
Please be prepared with the following material:
6. Singers please be prepared to sing a song that will demonstrate vocal ability. Selections should be no longer then one verse and one chorus length. Either bring a CD, tape or sing a cappella.
7. Prepare 2 acting monologue (1Â½ minutes max). The 1st should demonstrate a role in the cast list and the 2nd should be an original monologue.
8. Please come to the audition with a self choreographed solo in the style of ballet, jazz or modern dance.
Please remember we are only seeking individuals who can, SING, ACT & DANCE.
NON-Union Only/Paid Job/Transportation will not be provided
**All Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by August 1, 2008